Paleo pancake ingredients
- 1 large banana
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 teaspoon baking powder (gluten free)
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional but yummy!)
Let’s get cooking!
1. Place all ingredients in a blender
2. Blend everything together to make a batter
3. Heat your best non stick frying pan, or crepe pan on a medium heat
4. Add a dribble of coconut oil (or oil of your choice)
5. Gently pour a small amount in the pan to make a pancake roughly the same size as a grapefruit.
6. Cook until the underside is ready to flip, 60 seconds usually.
8. Cook the other side and you’re done!
9. Repeat until you have a sizeable stack of delicious pancakes.
What I used to love about pancake day, when I was a child, was that each 1 had to be cooked individually. In our house we could never wait for a stack to be made – it was eat, cook, eat, cook etc. I would choose my topping and eat it then and there, another one was being made for someone else to do the same thing. I always thought this way I would lose track of how many I’d been given and amongst the excitement be able to eat a few more!
Paleo pancake toppings:
ANYTHING can go on top of pancakes…. anything you fancy try it and I bet you’ll love it. These are sweet pancakes so are best with sweet things. For Paleo eaters I recommend trying just a drop of Bali Nutra Coconut Syrup, a blob of almond butter and some banana. Another great combo is ripe kiwi and strawberries, plus a drop of Bali Nutra Coconut Syrup too. Here’s a handy list:
- Bali Nutra Coconut Syrup
- Kiwi, Strawberries, Blueberries, etc
- Raw chocolate
- A squeeze of lemon juice and a sprinkling of Bali Nutra Coconut Syrup – a take on the traditional lemon and sugar.
- Almond butter
Bali Nutra Coconut Syrup
Wishing you all a flipping good time making these Paleo pancakes!