Sweet potato is one of my favourite Paleo friendly foods to eat. They are available worldwide, cook quickly and are filling. What’s more to like? Oh, and they are incredibly good for health. I read a recipe for loaded jacket potatoes and was inspired. This recipe was a white potato filled to the max with beef chilli, cheese, black beans, tortillas, guacamole, salsa and sour cream! You might be thinking, “that sounds like heaven” but really it’s a heart attack on a plate (imo). My thought was instantly, how can I make that Paleo friendly? Here’s how…
Fully Loaded Paleo Sweet Potatoes
White potato, beef chilli, cheese, black beans, tortillas, guacamole, salsa and sour cream.
Salivate over the following:
Sweet potato, sprouts, turkey mince, tomatoes, flaked almonds and basil.
- 250g Turkey mince
- Sweet potatoes, usually 1 per person
- 2 red chillies, or none if you don't care for spicy food
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 medium white onion
- 1 tsp Paprika
- 1 tsp of Lemon Juice
- 1/2 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp of tomato puree
- Some sprouts
- Flaked almonds
- Fresh basil
- Touch of black pepper - to taste
- Preheat your oven to 200°C, Gas mark 6 or 400°C.
- Prick the Sweet potatoes, place on a baking tray and bake for 45 minutes, check on them at 30 minutes to see how they are getting on
- Dice onion, crush the garlic and brown these off in a saucepan
- Add the turkey mince, tomato puree and lemon juice
- Keep the mixture moving and on a high heat
- Add the paprika, chilli and chopped tomatoes
- Cook for around 10-15 minutes
- Boil some water and cook the sprouts
- Boil for 10 minutes, drain the water but place the sprouts back in their saucepan
- Drizzle over a little oil and some flaked almonds
Why is this a Paleo recipe?
This meal contain nothing processed, no dairy, no wheat, no grain and is lean. It’s a little like a Paleo Christmas dish. 🙂