My recent quest to find more Paleo friendly desserts lead me to poached pears.
– I love pears and use them in a variety of ways, roasting, making Paleo brownies and of course for a juicy snack! Poaching is incredible easy, I like easy desserts that I can leave doing their thing whilst doing something else! Poached pears can be served with anything, more fruit, a few toasted nuts, a drizzle of honey or maple syrup, coconut cream, whatever you have in your pantry!
- 4 conference pears
- 2.5 cups of Sweet white wine (optional but recommended)
- 3.5 cups of water
- Cinnamon stick
- Vanilla pod or 1tsp vanilla essence
- Juice of 1 orange and 1 lemon
- Zest of the orange and lemon
- Peal the pears.
- Place all of this in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Set to simmer and add pears. Place a lid on the pan.
- Check after 15 mins buy placing a sharp knife in a pear, if the knife slides off, they are done.