I was desperate to use coconut milk this week after finding that my new local shop stocks it by the barrel load. I’ve moved to London where even a local news agent sells everything needed for a feast. I love that. I love that I can get all Paleo friendly ingredients just around the corner. It makes it easy to eat Paleo in the UK!
Blake Inspired Yellow Curry
This recipe was inspired by my friend Blake, she’s a wonderful cook and never fails to impress with her recipes and wonderful hosting prowess.
She was recently advised to give up wheat and sugar. The results of this dietary change were pleasant and it meant she’d started exploring Paleo style meals. Of course that made me very happy… Being a big no wheat advocate, I love hearing when people cut it out and feel great!
I couldn’t quite remember the ingredients she used to the tee so this is my interpretation.
- Coconut milk
- 50-100g of ground almonds (depending on how much you like almonds)
- 2 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 2 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp paprika
- Place the coconut milk and all spices and fish sauce in a bowl or Tupperware tub. Leave the fresh coriander out
- Dice the chicken and add this to the mixture
- Leave in the fridge for at least 2 hours
- Place in a heavy bottomed pan and bring to the boil
- Gently simmer with a lid on for 1 hour
- Add the almond flour/ground almonds and stir in
- Remove the lid and return to simmer for a further 10 minutes
- Serve with a sprinkle of chopped coriander
I’ve served this with roast pepper Paleo quinoa and coconut lamb bites. If you’re looking for an authentic Asian feast, that’s perfectly Paleo, you’ve come to the right place.