Here’s a really easy recipe for a healthy rocky road. It’s quick and simple to whip up, but you’ll need a little bit of patience before eating. As it’s raw rocky road it’s not cooked, but finished in the freezer!
It’s an adaptation from my good friend who knows how I like a healthy version of something sugary. I adapted it because of what I had in the cupboards. Feel free to do the same and try out different variations, each time you make it. You will make it a lot once you’ve tried it! I’ve got to admit, at first I wasn’t sure it would work when I made it… I’m not great with specific measurements so it’s safe to say you won’t ever find me on the Bake Off! By the way, did anyone else just start getting into that show? I can’t believe I had never watched it before this last series, and it’s off!! Well it’s well truly baked off hasn’t it! Now I’m wondering will I watch when it becomes drowned in channel 4’s annoying adverts? If it’s not the Beeb and there’s no Mary then I suppose it’s not bake off. I digress, let’s make raw rocky road.
Raw rocky ingredients
- Unsweetened Popcorn – 20g
- Crunchy almond butter – 2 heavily heaped teaspoons.
- Coconut oil – 60g
- Desiccated coconut – 50g
- Raisins – 30g
- Whole almonds – 30g
- Cacao powder – 2 rough desert spoons
- Maple syrup – a good glug, I’d say 4 teaspoons is about right
- A bowl
- A spatula, not a wooden spoon
- A Tupperware box or loaf tin
The raw rocky road journey
- Melt the coconut oil, watch so it doesn’t bubble, set aside
- Add all the dry ingredients to the bowl, mix
- Add the almond butter, maple syrup and the melted coconut oil
- Mix, you’ll need to ensure the almond butter doesn’t clump so really give it a good push about the bowl.
Now, as I said I’m not one for measurements so this is roughly how I make it. I once made a version without the desiccated coconut… totally forgot it! The grams are always measured, the teaspoons are best effort.
You want it to look like this in the bowl:
- Spread into a container or loaf tin.
- Freeze. It’s ready to go after an hour, or just leave it in there until you want to eat it. No need to defrost, eat as is.