With 20 minutes until the highlights of the first day of Wimbledon due on TV, I had to move quickly to make tonight’s pudding. I thought about poaching some pears but I didn’t have the patience, so I whacked the oven on and thought why not quickly roast something. With conference pears in the fruit bowl that were ready to eat I thought let’s experiment!
Happy to say the result was quite delicious, of course in honour of Wimbledon … served with strawberries!
Here’s The Easy Recipe
- 2 Ripe Conference pears
- 1 to 1 1/2 tsp Coconut palm sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract - I like Nielsen-Massey Vanilla Extract, it’s certified Gluten Free.
- Ground Cinnamon
- Bali Nutra Coconut Syrup - optional
- Preheat your oven to 200°C / Gas Mark 6 / 400°F
- Cut the pears length ways into quarters, or six pieces if they are quite large
- - You can peal the pears, I didn’t as I like the added texture.
- Carve out the pip area so you’re left with the lovely flesh
- Place in a baking dish, flesh facing up (I used a small le creuset casserole dish which gets nice and hot)
- Sprinkle over the vanilla then the coconut palm sugar
- Dust with cinnamon
- Place in the oven
- Serve with strawberries and drizzle over a few spots of Bali Nutra Coconut Syrup